Microsoft's Kinect is gaining popularity with Xbox 360 owners, but what's really more fun? Playing games with this revolutionary hands-free gaming device or gutting the sucker to see what it's all about? We'll take the latter choice.
If you're interested in taking apart your new Kinect for Xbox 360, this video from iFixit will show you the complete teardown procedure. It's relatively easy to disassemble, with few challenges, as long as you have the right tools. For a more detailed teardown guide, visit iFixit's official Microsoft Kinect Teardown (a community repair manual), complete with step-by-step instructions, detailed photos and handy tips.
Here are the tools you're going to need:
* 5mm Nut Driver
* Heat gun or hair dryer
* Metal Spudger
* Phillips #0 Screwdriver
* T6 Torx Screwdriver
* T10 Torx Screwdriver
* T10 Torx Security Bit Screwdriver
If you're not interested in tearing down your brand new Kinect for Xbox 360, and would rather like to learn how to use it or set it up, then check out our other Kinect tutorials on WHT.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades