This video demonstrates a method of fixing the E 74 Xbox 360 error. In order to do this, you first must disassemble your XBox, which will void your warranty, so this is at your own risk. You remove the X-clamp underneath the large, flat heat sink on the motherboard, and then remove the heat sink itself. Now turn on the XBox, and it should give you 2 red lights. Now turn it back off. If it will not turn off from the power button, pull the power cord out from the back, but plug it back in after it's off. Now clean the thermal grease/tape off the CPU and heat sink, and replace it with a aftermarket high-quality thermal grease. Now put the heat sink back into place, and press it down. Now turn the XBox back on, and the E 74 error should be fixed, and the XBox should start up as normal.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades