Your router is automatically equipped with firewalls meant to protect your PC from intruders. However, these firewalls often misread information needed to run online video games, and block necessary files from reaching your XBox. In this tutorial, learn how to change the NAT settings of your modem to "Open" and allow these files to get through. By doing so, you will be able to take full advantage of your XBox Live account.
Note: If you do this right, you will not affect the computers in your home. Firewalls will still be in place to protect your PC but will no longer interfere with your XBox.
Go to dashboard on your XBox
Test your Live connection
Sign back in
If for some reason this method does not work, try any of these:
Alternative method 1:
Reset your router
Alternative method 2:
Check settings. Check if uPnP is enabled.
Alternative method 3:
Try "Port forwarding" Get Portforwarding
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades