To take apart the controller you will need a Torx t8 screwdriver and a Philips head screw driver. There are 6 obvious screws on the back of the controller and there is one hidden and one behind the bar-code in the battery compartment on the back. Remove all of the screws, push down on the right and left triggers and pull the controller apart. Pull the board apart and don't worry you won't break anything unless you are really rough. Remove the rest of the buttons, they come out just by pulling them. You will need your Philips head screw driver to take out the D pad. There should be 4 tiny screws visible from the back. Keep your pieces organized and visible, you don't want to lose any of them.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades